Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
In-network insurance panels:
Anthem BC/BS, Medicaid (Husky), Aetna, Cigna, TriCare
(Sees clients in W. Hartford office: 860-881-1948)
After more than 40 years of marriage, my wife and I are still each other’s hero and best friend. Mind you, neither of us had the greatest start, so it’s been quite a journey. I have always cared deeply for the people who find themselves in one of life’s “no outlet” streets, especially when the pain centers around marriage and family relationships. During years of ministry and missionary experience I have counseled individuals and couples, and led seminars in many different settings. My worldview is Christian, but I am able to work sensitively with clients from any or no religious background.
Sexuality is at the core of our being, so helping people to become whole sexually is one of my major counseling interests. Many have been desperately wounded in this special, personal part of their identity. Others have been misinformed, and rapidly increasing numbers of adults and youth are falling into the trap of pornography and sexual addiction. Both men and women suffer the painful consequences of these distortions – but through caring therapy, many find a path to restoration.
Please check out my personal website: www.gordonmbaker.com
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand – B.S Psychology -1968
- Univ. of Canterbury, New Zealand – B.A. Math & Education – 1971
- New Zealand Dept. of Education – Diploma in Teaching – 1971
- Australian Institute of Family Counseling – Advanced Diploma – 2005
- Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA – M.A. Human Relations – 2008
- Richmont Grad. Univ., Atlanta, GA – M.A. Marriage & Family Therapy, Sex Therapy Track – 2010
- Therapist – Renew Counseling Assoc. – 1/2010 to present
- Intern, First Baptist Church, Woodstock, GA – 5/09 – 4/10
- Intern, Hope Counseling Center, Richmont Grad. Univ. 8/09 – 4/10
- Counselor, Co-director, Kona Comm. Counseling, HI, 1/91 – 6/92
- Teacher, Middle and High School, 1969 -71; 1988-89
- Foster parent to at-risk youth – 1979-1987